For the Press
Press Access:All media must have a LABOR DAY PARADE press credential in order to be on the line of march to cover the Parade. The LABOR DAY PARADE press credential allows the accredited individual access to certain areas on the line of march including portions of the Parade's starting line and route. Press Access is available at Cedar & Como Street (start of parade), and on the South West raised deck of the Supreme Court Building North of MLK Blvd.
Rules and Restrictions:
- Members of the media are not allowed to stop or otherwise impede the movement of any parade element.
- Members of the media are not allowed to confront or surround any parade element.
- Members of the media: Your coverage must follow the parade from behind/outside of the curbside. Being in close proximity to any moving element may restrict its progress or create a safety issue. Parade participants will make unexpected turns or stops during their performances and you do not have permission to be on the street or parade performance route at all after 8:00 am.
- A special Press Area for the marching band staging area is available with great height and panoramic shot potential.
- Press access to the staging area is restricted to 7:30 am to 8:00 am and this access is limited to foot traffic only. No vehicles are allowed in the marching band staging areas – this is a performer safety reason and no exceptions will be allowed. This area closes to all vehicle traffic except band buses and equipment vehicles at 6:30 am until 1:30 pm.
- Press Access to the full Pre-Parade Festivities on Jackson Street from 6:30 am to 7:49 am only. Vehicles should be parked in Lot "Q". No vehicle traffic will be allowed on Jackson Street.
- Parade Opening Ceremonies press access requires a LABOR DAY PARADE press credential to have Aurora Promenade location access at 8:45 am. You must check in with the appropriate parade marshal at that location prior to 8:15 am. A designated press area for this coverage will be identified for your use at that time.
- No press pass-holders are allowed on any area of the Capitol Steps between 8:15 and 9:15 am. This will be a restricted/no access area until 9:15 am.
- The event VIP area access is available with your LABOR DAY PARADE press pass from 6:30 am to 8:30 am when this area closes.
- There is absolutely no media access between Cedar and MLK Blvd along MLK Blvd to John Ireland on MLK Blvd.